INTRO TO PILATES WORKSHOP
DATE: SATURDAY 24TH JUNE
VENUE- MAIN HALL, VINTERS PARK COMMUNITY CENTRE, ALDON CLOSE, VINTERS PARK.
TIME: 10AM (PLEASE ARRIVE PROMPTLY) – 12PM.
I have been looking at setting up a Pilates Workshop like this for quite a while, and have been asked on many occasions if I can do. So here it is! Hall is all booked.
What will this Workshop give you? It is aimed at absolute beginners, beginners, or those who have practiced Pilates in the past & are looking to be reminded of how beneficial the programme is. Explanation of what Pilates is all about & how to incorporate Pilates into everyday life/habits.
Pilates is for all fitness abilities & ages. It develops core strength & agility, helps to relieve pain, and allows you to explore greater movement.
The day will begin with a group introduction.
- We will look at, discuss & practice postural awareness, how to reocgnise challenged muscles, how to improve.
- You will be taught how to look at ‘balancing’ muscle groups, & its importance.
- The Pilates ‘Set up’. Explanation in detail, & practice.
- Lateral Breathing, & why it is significant.
We will finish the Workshop with a 30 minute Pilates session aimed at Beginners.
The cost of this Workshop is £18. Pre bookable & pre payable. Refunds cannot be given, unless I can fill your space. Please pm me for payment details.
What to bring?
- A Yoga style mat, (please advise if you need to borrow.)
- Water in a plastic container, a snack if you wish.
- A typical belt you would wear with jeans/trousers. Please wear workout wear, socks or bare feet.